Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Color Green

So the good camera might still be missing, but... I found a reasonable substitute. I figure I've procrastinated enough, and now would be an excellent opportunity for me to share the most incredible dress, purchased at Stefan's Vintage in Atlanta.

Photobucket

closeup!
Photobucket
I tried to capture some of the sparkle of the bodice.

As much as I would love to have been wearing this for these pictures, unfortunately the dress was badly altered and needs to be repaired.

But, if you notice, while the dress has a unique print, there are also tiny leaves and flowers individually placed on the bodice. They don't seem to be stitched, but attached by the little jewels, which appear to be pressed on with metal prongs, which give the garment a touch of glamour. It really is an incredible dress, and once I replace the zipper and lining, I hope to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment