Friday, March 19, 2010

UWAH!

Ok, random thought to interrupt the vintage lovin'. I'm beginning to notice that I'm way too ADD to stay on one topic. So this blog will be quite random...

BUT I HAD A COOL IDEA.

It's hard to describe, but basically I've been thinking of designing something totally strange and based completely off of the concept of fantasy. I haven't decided more specifically what to be inspired by, but I'm leaning towards the mythical monsters created by H.P. Lovecraft, of which I have recently fallen in love with. I even broke down and bought myself a plushie of the fearsome Cthulhu, which small, green, and stuffed, isn't very scary at all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There he is. =]
But anyways. I feel like being inspired by gigantic scaly tentacles-for-a-face monsters and other fantastical beings, I could come up with a very unusual collection. Has it been done before? I have my doubts. I will let you know how it turns out. It may have to wait, as right now I'm focusing on two other collections, one inspired by 90's rave, and the other leaning more towards 40's aviation.
(I love the hats!)
Perhaps I should post some sketches... Mayhaps I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment