Friday, March 5, 2010

That tinkling sensation...

This is a post for favorites. You know, the collections that you can look at over and over again, and each time your heart bubble swells a little bit bigger?

John Galliano. I am in love with you.

Christian Dior being one of my favorite brands and all, I often find myself browsing the collections on style.com. (The latest couture collection is Fabulous in every way possible, in case you were wondering. ^_^) But I'm not talking about the new collection today, I'm revisiting a few of my favorites, collections that possess such ingenuity in design and construction, I just want to drool all over the runway.

Par exemple: Christian Dior by John Galliano, Spring 2004 Couture collection.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You have hereby visited the ancient tombs of Egypt, in all their glory, wonder, and horror. In other words... OMG MUMMIES!
These elegant gowns appear to be draped with strips of fabric that seem to engulf the wearer with a delicate silhouette. I especially love the techniques Galliano used for the white chiffon gown. Absolutely beautiful.
Also featured were impeccable depictions of the ancient egyptian dieties, beautifully constructed out of very interesting materials. Check out this golden gown, seemingly pieced together with metal triangles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

While this dress is probably really awkward to walk in, the model wears it flawlessly.

So we've traveled in time a bit, but any designer can appreciate the construction and overall beauty of this collection. I would say more, but I'm pretty sure the amazingness of these garments are enough for one post. But believe me, there will be more fabulosity coming soon!

much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment