Friday, March 26, 2010

There goes Tokyo!

This past week marked the beginning of the 10th Tokyo Fashion Week in Japan! (applause)
I've been skimming a few of the collections showcased so far, and I stumbled upon the Japanese designer Yuma Koshino.

While Koshino's brand is quoted to be "spiritual luxury", when I look at her pieces, I think it resembles more of a "deconstructed elegance". I've noticed that this season exhibits a lot of deconstructed, almost nomadic-looking collections that blend historic references and futuristic qualities.

Yuma Koshino
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These are a few of my favorite looks, and I especially love the pink puff jacket paired with the assymetrical tiered skirt. It seems victorian and futuristic, with a vintage quality in the materials used to complete the look.
Koshino's use of rich neutrals combined with subtle pops of color keep me interested in her work, and eager to view future collections.

You can view more of her collection at http://tokyofashion.com/tokyo-fashion-week-2010-11-aw/

No comments:

Post a Comment