Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

"Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth." ~Henry David Thoreau

I figured since it was Earth Day, I should post something about being green! For those of you who are interested in crafty things, such as knitting and crocheting, I would like to make a recommendation. Caron's Simply Soft Eco Yarn is made from 20% recycled plastic bottles and so far has kept almost 2 million plastic bottles out of our landfills.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have used this yarn myself in an attempt to make a scarf... I never finished, BUT don't let my procrastination stop you... I highly recommend this yarn! It's very soft, and it contributes to creating a greener earth. That, and it comes in some amazing colors! You can buy it at Walmart, or any craft store.

Do it. =]

2 comments:

  1. happy earth day!
    good luck on your scarf; i always end up with unfinished projects, too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I will finish it one day! hahaha

    ReplyDelete