Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter is here!

And you know what that means. IT'S EFFIN' COLD. But there are perks to cold weather. For example, epic snowball fights, hot chocolate, and a warm fireplace. And then there are miserable things about cold weather, such as blizzards. Like the day-after-Christmas blizzard of 2010. The one I got stuck in while driving through New Jersey (which is the pits). But I'm going to use my winter experience as an excuse to share this cute illustration by Lauren Bishop. I discovered her years ago, and often find myself wandering to her website to check out new fabulous works of art.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(disclaimer: the snowstorm I got stuck in looked nothing like this. But we can pretend.)

I love checking out independent fashion illustrators. Seeing the different styles and techniques of the individual artist really inspires me. Lauren Bishop definitely exhibits a certain grace with a somewhat retro flair in her work that I am drawn to, and her use of colors, prints, and space is exquisite and consistent. Each drawing has such an intense personality. I especially like the elegant lady shown above, and she was the perfect image of the romantic winter. The coat print kinda reminds me of a winter storm, but it's contained within the silhouette, and therefore becomes elegant and beautiful. Perhaps I am merely overanalyzing... but Lauren Bishop is definitely worth checking out. You can view her website here: www.laurenbishopillustration.co.uk

PS- anytime you're feeling down, think about a box of kittens~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment