Thursday, February 3, 2011

A-Dore Me.

Garance Dore Illustrations

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My first reaction was awe. My second was, "I need to do this."

Bottom line: Garance Dore is an illustrative genius.

It truly inspired me to create a finished drawing. Her illustrations are so clean and effortless, these girls embody current fashion without being overbearing or complicated.
These particular illustrations stood out to me. I like the nerdy/hippie folk-ness about them, and the touches of color make them eye-catching. The simplicity is incredibly impressive.

I did a few illustrations using a pencil and paintbrush, one of which I was happy with. I hope to continue using this new technique, and eventually, one day, I will post some of my work on here. I may have to borrow a scanner...

No comments:

Post a Comment